Accessibility Plan and Policies
This accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that Carlsen Precision Manufacturing will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
Carlsen Precision Manufacturing is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Carlsen Precision Manufacturing is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
Carlsen Precision Manufacturing is committed to providing the customers and clients with the company emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Carlsen Precision Manufacturing will provide training to employees, and others who deal with the public on Ontario’s accessibility laws and the Human rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of our employees.
Carlsen Precision Manufacturing will provide training to employees who deal with the public or third parties on their behalf.
Information and Communications
Carlsen Precision Manufacturing is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
The website is made available for information purposes only. It does not allow for selling on line.
Carlsen Precision Manufacturing has a feedback process that is accessible to people with disabilities by phone, fax and mail.
Carlsen Precision Manufacturing publicly available information is accessible upon request.
- At the reception entrance of our facility
- Upon request from the Human Resources Department by e-mail, fax or phone
Carlsen Precision Manufacturing is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We will take the following steps to notify public and staff that, when requested, Carlsen Precision Manufacturing will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired.
- Modify all external job posting to clearly indicate that accommodation will be provided to applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes prior to January 1, 2016
- Notify all job applicants who are required to take an assessment that accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used prior to January 1, 2016.
- Modify offers of employment, when notifying the successful applicant, of the company’s policies for accommodating employees with disabilities prior to January 1, 2016, when applicable.
- Where an employee with a disability so requests it, consult with the employee to provide or arrange to provide appropriate communications support.
- Provide individualized workplace emergency response information to employees who have a disability, if the disability is such that the individualized information is necessary the employer is aware of the need to accommodation due to the employee’s disability.
Carlsen Precision Manufacturing has a process in place for return to work policies and will develop a process for individual accommodation plans.
- The company has a developed written process for the development of return to work plans for individuals whom have been absent from work due to a disability and require disability related accommodation in order to return to work.
- The company will develop and have a written process for the development of documented individual accommodations for employees with disabilities prior to January 1, 2016.